As a member of the BELLA team you will take on responsibility of research projects in the field of materials and technologies for lithium-ion batteries and lithium-based next-generation batteries in cooperation with BASF. You will be located at KIT in Karlsruhe.
- You will develop new material concepts for current and future battery technologies.
- Furthermore, you will characterize the materials by means of electrochemical and analytical methods and develop new analytical tools.
- Extensive cooperation with partners from KIT as well as researchers from BASF will be an essential element of your work.
- You will present your findings to partners from industry and university as well as in scientific journals.
- PhD in chemistry, materials science or physics
- Experience in electrochemistry, electrochemical measurement techniques and the development of battery materials
- Knowledge of inorganic or organic chemistry, especially in chemical and solid state analytical techniques
- Experience in scientific computing is appreciated
- Creativity and initiative, to successfully achieve goals in a team
- Good English language skills
- An opportunity to carry out fundamental scientific research in affiliation to industrial development of energy storage materials and technologies.
- Responsibility from day one in challenging and versatile research projects and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
If possible, please upload the documents into one single PDF file. Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Please reach out to Khand Thräner, [email protected], Tel.: 030-2005-59929
BASF SE, located in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, is the corporate headquarters of the BASF Group and part of the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region. BASF stands for competence in chemistry since 1865 and is represented today in the world's major consumer markets, with a wide range of products. As the largest employer in the region, BASF SE offers multiple career opportunities for students, university graduates and professionals providing also training in over 30 professions. Leisure, sports, culture and a good infrastructure characterize the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region, in which BASF is also involved with numerous activities. Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.