Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. It has always played an active role in the main stages of development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on financial markets. Employing more than 2,000 people, BIL is present in the financial centres of Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, and China.
Missions of the Corporate Governance Department (“CGD”):
The Corporate Governance Department’s mission consists mainly in:
· Promoting and reinforcing good corporate governance across BIL and BIL Group by ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations as well as good practice.
· Managing shareholder matters and organizing shareholder meetings.
· Preparing and minuting the BIL corporate bodies’ meetings (e.g. Board of Directors, Board Committees, Management Board/Executive Committee) and decisions.
· Ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory matters concerning corporate governance and advising on corporate governance aspects.
· Contributing to the definition, review and monitoring of BIL Group’s governance principles implemented in the documentation of the Bank (e.g. charters and reports of the Bank).
· Monitoring the activities of BIL Group subsidiaries, branches and representatives’ offices from a corporate governance perspective and providing corporate and administrative support to BIL Group entities.
· Managing the appointment of directors in line with applicable governance principles of BIL Group.
· Ensuring and following up on regulatory reporting obligations related to corporate governance matters and liaising with the RCS for BIL headquarter and BIL Group entities for which administrative support is provided.
· Coordinating and monitoring the list of mandates and supporting suitability assessments of the management bodies’.
· Following-up on exchanges with the Supervisory Authorities impacting the corporate matters and/or governance of the Bank in close collaboration with the Supervisory & Regulatory Department.
Must Have Requirements
Mission of the Corporate Officer:
The Corporate Officer shall assist the CGD team in its corporate and administrative activities. Your mission will consist in:
· Drafting/preparing corporate documentation (minutes, circular, proxies, convening notices, powers of attorney etc.).
· Providing support on corporate governance matters (e.g. drafting/reviewing documents, carrying out researches, preparing filings, keeping corporate information up to date, preparing templates).
· Ensuring that corporate information on the Bank, BIL’s management and shareholders is updated regularly (e.g. list of mandates).
· Carrying out/coordinating administrative and corporate formalities.
· Ensuring and following up on regulatory reporting obligations related to corporate governance matters and liaising with the RCS.
· Organizing and handling shareholders’ meetings.
· Coordinating with and supporting the external auditors.
· Managing signature authorities of BIL.
· Assisting and supporting the team to exercise BIL Group oversight.
· Handling day-to-day requests under the supervision of senior legal counsels.
· University degree, preferably in Law, Business Administration or Economics, or demonstrable experience in the area.
· At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar position in Luxembourg.
· Good knowledge of company administration, corporate governance actions and Luxembourg laws and regulations.
· Fluency in English and French are a prerequisite.
· Integrity, loyalty and discrete personality, high sense of confidentiality.
· Team player with “hands-on” mentality.
· Self-motivated and results driven by adopting a proactive approach.
· Great commitment and high flexibility.
· Strong organizational skills and rigor.
· MS Office Suite, advanced MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint capabilities.
· High resilience and very good communication skills.
Education level: Bachelor's Degree
Work experience: 2-3 years
Start contract date: 10-09-21