At Silexica’s Cologne headquarters, we are looking for an Software Development Intern - DevOps & Release Engineering (f/m/d) to support our engineering team in various exciting projects full-time for the duration of 6 months starting in as soon as possible. We offer the opportunity to join our team of hardware and software experts developing our SLX multicore programming tools for customers around the world.
- You will become a member of our Release Train team (DevOps & QA), ensuring the smooth running of our software development and release processes with high quality standards
- You will help us maintaining and extending our development infrastructure and improving our development workflows
- You will operate Jenkins with us and dispatch the errors
- You will be involved in establishing new test infrastructure (for back- and frontend)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You are studying towards a Master degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have already work in the Linux environment on the command line including a version control system (ideally git)
- You wrote your first own scripts in Python
- Ideally, you have gained your first experience with CMake, Jenkins, Docker, REST API
- Ideally, you have experience in at least one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java
- You are fluent in English
- You have excellent problem-solving capabilities, work result-oriented, and have good communication skills
- You are a team player, who also loves to work independently and takes ownership of his work
- You are open to learning new things on your own and get feedback on CodeReviews from the team
- You are an EU citizen or possess a valid work permit for Germany. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- An opportunity to work with a breakthrough product that is shaping a new era of computing
- A driven, passionate and international team that values commitment, results and openness
- A modern workplace that celebrates the diversity and well-being of our team
Are you ready for the next challenge? To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position and outline your availability, via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
After six years of cutting-edge academic research, Silexica was spun out of RWTH Aachen University in 2014. Our headquarters are in Cologne, Germany. We serve innovative companies in the automotive, robotics, wireless communications, aerospace, and financial industries and received $28 million in funding from international investors.
Silexica was acquired by Xilinx, Inc., the leader in adaptive computing, in June 2021. Silexica’s SLX FPGA tool suite empowers developers with an unparalleled development experience building applications on FPGAs and Adaptive SoCs. This technology will become integrated with the Xilinx Vitis™ unified software platform to substantially reduce the learning curve for software developers building sophisticated applications on Xilinx technology
We are building a Center of Excellence for Compilers and ML in Cologne and you can become part of our team!
For information on Xilinx and its adaptable, intelligent technologies, please visit www.xilinx.com.