In this position, you will support the team's data analysis and forecasting capabilities, including the related reporting and MI. In addition, you will work across the GWS team, gaining a detailed understanding of the product suite and how products are originated, executed and managed. This includes working with and providing support to senior deal and origination team members to better understand the requirements for developing the GWS Analytics function. The Analytics function will ultimately help shape future product design and provide the Bank with additional economic performance insights. Furthermore, there is a responsibility to share knowledge with peers and to develop yourself into the next level of seniority in the team.
As part of this role you will use statistical models to analyse portfolio credit performance data, perform model execution, reporting and MI, and draw economic conclusions and suggest product modifications based on statistical data analysis. Additionally, you will be involved with transaction reporting and optimise and map operational processes, and general transaction modelling.
You will support GWS Relationship Directors, and you will be setting up and improving operational aspects of completed transactions, project and transaction filing, and supporting deal teams on all aspects of transaction management and execution. You will provide analyst support to wider GWS projects, as well as help and create new business ideas & variations for new SME asset classes and GWS Products.
You will maintain excellent relationships with colleagues in other departments within the British Business Bank and support them in all relevant areas, and share knowledge with peers and develop product knowledge, this could include preparing for a CFA or another qualification of similar quality.
As a recent university graduate, holding a degree (or equivalent experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering, you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities;
- Ability to communicate well with senior management;
- Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure;
- Ability to produce high quality written presentation materials (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Strong organisational skills;
- Ability to prioritise and to work to deadlines;
- Sensitivity to detail and accuracy in everyday work;
- Pro-active, self-motivated professional, who works well in a team environment, as well as on an individual basis;
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to think creatively.
This is a fantastic development opportunity for the right individual.