Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. It has always played an active role in the main stages of development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on financial markets. Employing more than 2,000 people, BIL is present in the financial centres of Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, and China.
The primary responsibility is to provide transaction management services to the Structured Note, Warrant and Certificate business within the Distribution and Structuring team of BIL.
What will you do?
- Drafting/reviewing documentation for Structured Products. This entails the review and/or preparation of termsheets, final terms, pricing supplements and PRIIPS key information documents. The structures are very varied and include equity, commodity and fund linked products (including autocallables, reverse convertibles and participation notes), in addition to credit linked issues along with rate linked products (such as floating rate notes, range accruals and steepeners). Original drafting, including liaising with stock exchanges, internal/external lawyers where necessary, and involvement in the development of templates for these and new structures as they evolve, will also be required.
- Actively participating in the updates of the bank’s dedicated structured products issuance programmes (EMTN and SIP) and assisting in the drafting of new payoffs to be included.
- Liaising with the MTN Desk, traders, marketers, agents and operational departments to ensure successful closure of each issue, particularly in respect of new products or non-standard procedures.
- Supporting the members of the Distribution and Structuring team, by assisting with idea generation, pricing, marketing and client presentations of new structured products.
- Review of programme documents (Dealer or Programme Agreement, Operating and Administrative Procedures Memorandum, Agency Agreement and Prospectus/Offering Circular) on behalf of BIL.
- Liaising closely with various teams to assist with issues surrounding the Prospectus Directive, public offers, local regulations and laws in Europe and Swiss to ensure the bank's legal risk is monitored.
- Liaising closely with the Legal Department to ensure consistency of approach and uniformity of standards on a global basis, as well as sharing of workload.
- Maintenance of clear and complete files and records in respect of the above
- Coordinate outside legal counsels.
Must Have Requirements
What we need?
- Master’s degree (Finance, Economics, Mathematical Sciences, Law) or deep equivalent experience
- 4+ years' experience in a securities department of one of the major international law firms specializing in MTN/certificates product area or in a legal/ transaction management role covering Structured products, notes, warrants and/or certificates issuance in an international bank.
- Legal qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience working with MTN, note, warrant and certificate programmes, including some OTC derivatives experience, will be essential.
- Strong knowledge of Structured Products, legal and regulatory environment.
- Outgoing personality, capable of working both autonomously and as part of a cross-disciplinary and cross-border team.
- Fluent in English is mandatory. French is a strong advantage. Other languages would be considered as an asset.
- Accurate, numerate, attentive to detail and logical thinking.
- Excellent in organization and coordination skills, combining attention to detail and an efficient overview of key questions and priorities and team player
- Excellent in writing and communication skills
- Strong in interpersonal skills, self-motivated
Education level: Master's Degree
Work experience: 4-5 years
Start contract date: 10-09-21