The job encompasses two separate roles to be discussed further at the interview stage. The successful candidate will be given training to help them in the areas they are not familiar. Even if you don't think you match the job description exactly, we still want to hear from you if you feel the role is right for you. We offer training and support if you're transitioning from a different role.
User Research Coordinator
As a coordinator for User Research, you'll help us ensure that our users take centre stage in our product development and marketing.
- Manage and arrange regular visits to schools for staff to stay in tune with teachers and children
- Arrange user research sessions as requested using email and online communication platforms
- Manage any pre- and post-session admin, for example consent forms
- Run tests on our user research platform (User Testing)
- Write-up user research reports and disseminate to staff
With the office management role, you will help facilitate all of the key HR activities as led by our HR manager.
- Work with staff and line managers to embed our core values across the company. Read the values we're built on here.
- Organise recruitment of new staff and consultants
- With guidance from the HR manager, prepare and make updates to employment & consultant contracts
- Maintain an attractive office and remote working environment
- Assist the CEO with preparing for board meetings and any other special projects
- Central Edinburgh office
- An exciting and vibrant working environment
- A chance to be part of a fast-moving internet business
- A chance to learn; every second Friday, take part in learning time to develop new skills in line with your personal development plan
- Internal opportunities to expand your career
- Beer o'clock (non-alcoholic options available) every Friday to socialise with colleagues
- Cycle to work scheme
We're currently working 2+ days a week in the office. This may change in the future.
What we are looking for
- The communication skills to bring the best from the users you're working for, and the colleagues you're working with;
- Ability to use your own initiative and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly
- Problem solving ability, allowing you to adapt to new challenges
- Confident with IT (including platforms such as GSuite and/or MS Office)
- University degree and/or relevant work experience
- A 'can do' attitude and a proactive and positive outlook
- An open mind, to continually learn, and seek improvement and innovation
- Enthusiasm for working and speaking with new people including internal colleagues and external users
- A desire to help every student reach their full potential
These criteria would be beneficial, but don't worry if you don't meet them - as long as you have a willingness to learn and a positive attitude!
- User-research experience
- Project management experience
- HR admin experience
A graduate, with an honours degree