As part of the group, you will support the different initiatives of the Functional films group based in Basel.
- You will be required to lead technical work packages in projects internally as well as externally with R&D partners.
- Also, you perform laboratory activities including novel thin film coatings and test characterizations in the aim of exploring new innovative functional film products.
- Moreover, you actively contribute to new functional film concepts from ideation to conceptualization.
- You report directly to the Head of Innovation and interact with the development teams.
- PhD degree in physical chemistry, chemistry or material science.
- good know-how or experience in thin film coatings (e.g Atomic Layer Deposition or similar gas phase depositions) and electrochemistry (e.g for energy storage)
- fluent English with excellent verbal and written skills
- Challenging tasks with high personal responsibility and a dedicated "on the job" training in a committed, competent and appreciative team.
- An attractive salary including company social benefits, as well as excellent development opportunities in an international company.
- A safe working environment and attractive health management.
As BASF's representative in Switzerland, BASF Schweiz AG plays a central role in the group. Headquartered in Basel, the company runs further sites in Kaisten, Monthey, Pfäffikon (Schwyz) and Schweizerhalle. BASF Schweiz AG at Basel encompasses a service platform for all BASF entities in Switzerland. Moreover, different business units are represented in Basel. Specific R&D activities are also based here.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Please reach out to Jessica Mbimbe, Tel.:+49 30 2005-59503
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore, please submit only copies and no originals.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.