What we look for in our Officer Cadets is leadership potential. A sense of purpose and the drive to do great things. With these qualities in place, we can give you the training you need to take your skills and abilities and shape them into something amazing.
From the moment you join the Army, you'll be set on a clear path for promotion and progression, receiving all the support and opportunities you need to rise through our ranks and realise your potential.
Become a British Army Officer, and you'll receive:
- A starting salary of around £27,200 which will rise to around £32,800 upon completion of one year's training
- Subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Free medical and dental health cover
- Opportunities to continually progress your career
- Sponsorship to study for valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Adventurous Training, and the chance to play your favourite sports or take up a new one
Find where you belong
Your Army career starts at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. You'll learn the skills you need to become an Officer - from weapons handling to outdoor survival - to what it takes to lead your team in a range of hostile situations, anywhere in the world.
Once you've commissioned, you'll take charge of 30 soldiers. Then, you'll begin the specialist training you need to be an expert in your chosen field, whether that's engineering, intelligence gathering, or piloting an Apache helicopter. You'll also take part in Adventurous Training around the world, from skiing in the Alps to white-water rafting in Colorado. All while you're earning a starting salary of around £32,800 (after training).
You'll also enjoy a fantastic range of benefits that come with Army life, from sports and state-of-the-art training facilities, to earning valuable professional qualifications.
Army Undergraduate Bursaries
Whether you're about to embark on your degree or you're already studying, you could benefit from an Army Undergraduate Bursary, from £6,000 - £25,000. Just show us you've got what it takes to join us as an Officer when you graduate.
Find where you belong.