The REME is the British Army's Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. Everywhere the Army deploys, the REME also go. Reliable, effective equipment is a vital requirement in every military situation. From maintaining helicopters, to recovering tanks and repairing the Army's weapons - the REME ensure that the Army's equipment is ready to use, wherever and whenever it's needed.
You could be planning and leading a vast range of projects, from repairing complex electronic equipment, to supporting and maintaining main battle tanks, and in every case, you'll ensure your soldiers are fighting fit and resourced to take on every challenge thrown at them.
What we look for in our Officer Cadets is technical leadership potential, a sense of purpose and the drive to succeed. With these qualities in place, we can give you the training you need to go far, taking your education, skills and abilities and helping you shape them into something amazing - whether you're fresh out of school, have a university education, are professionally qualified or already building a career.
Become an Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Officer and you'll receive:
- A starting salary of around £27,181 which will rise to around £33,436 upon completion of one year's training
- Subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Free medical and dental health cover
- Opportunities to continually progress your career
- Exciting experience on critical engineering projects around the world
- Sponsorship to achieve valuable professional qualifications, including PRINCE2 Practitioner, an MSc in Engineering and Management, in addition to Incorporated and Chartered Engineer status
- Adventurous Training, and the chance to play your favourite sports or take up a new one
Find where you belong
Your Army career starts at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. You'll learn the skills you need to become an Officer - from weapons handling to outdoor survival - to what it takes to lead your team in a range of hostile situations, anywhere in the world.
Once you've commissioned, you'll take charge of up to 42 soldiers and begin the specialist training you need to be an expert in your role - whether it's managing engineering repair and maintenance assets and resources, or leading an independent workshop.
You'll take part in Adventurous Training around the world, from skiing in the Alps to white-water rafting in Colorado. All while you're earning a starting salary of around £32,800 (after training). You'll also enjoy a fantastic range of benefits that come with Army life, from sports and state-of-the-art training facilities, to earning valuable professional qualifications.
Army Undergraduate Bursaries
Whether you're about to embark on your degree or you're already studying, you could benefit from an Army Undergraduate Bursary, from £6,000 - £25,000. Just show us you've got what it takes to join us as an Officer when you graduate.
Find where you belong.