As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology.
About the Job
Here's your chance to work as part of a dynamic and challenging engineering team on the latest semiconductor technology. This engineer will have significant exposure to multiple engineering disciplines, making this an excellent base for future career progression.
Many projects provide the opportunity for learning semiconductor wafer fab and assembly processing while interfacing with design engineering, product engineering, test engineering and quality engineering groups. Selected candidates will be assigned to one of several important, but different roles:
• Fab Quality Assurance Engineer - conduct frequent analysis of fab process control data, review, release and assist in the troubleshooting of fab processes; participate and assist in managing local audit programs; verify conformance of manufactured IC devices and process materials to relevant TI and customer specifications.
• Failure Analysis Engineer - perform failure analysis on products to determine the root cause of failure; work in cross-functional teams to resolve analysis issues; provide progress reports of analysis as well as a final written report of analysis and findings; and meet cycle time and success rate metrics established for customer satisfaction and quality team success.
• Customer Quality Engineer - manage customer returns and use TI tools to provide frequent status updates to affected customers; work effectively with test, design, product and planning engineers, regional quality engineers, regional planners, regional technical sales representatives and marketing representatives to solve customer challenges and provide answers.
Put your talent to work with us as a Quality Engineer - change the world, love your job!
• Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Electrical Engineering Computer Science/Embedded Systems/Software Engineering. Final year student preferred but not required.
• Available for minimum internship duration of 8 months.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Classroom and/or real world experience with LabVIEW, Python, C, Assembly and MATLAB strongly preferred
• Hands-On experience with programmable lab equipment/instruments
• Adaptable, open to change, and able to appropriately escalate issues when encountering unexpected circumstances
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Benefit from an attractive compensation
- Join an international work environment where your ideas count and where you can thrive in a diverse culture
- Explore a world of opportunities for your personal and professional development
Would you like to learn more about what it is like to be a TI employee? Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzms9dYm4-M&list=PLISmVLHAZbTRPCVNI4TRuGNsXybxAOzK5