EU Project Manager Traineeship
Two medical doctors started Avempace in 2017 to help students reach their goals through coaching and mentoring. The aim of our EU funded project, Build your future, is to ensure that students and fresh graduates have access to the best internships on the market through strong partnerships in Belgium and Europe. In order to help even more students, we are now expanding into the digital world. Avempace is a member of both the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition and the Lean In Community. Our project, Youth4Health, funded by the European Union, has been successfully running for a year.
What does the EU Project Manager Trainee do?
As our Project Manager Trainee, your job will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure that each project phase is delivered on time while producing the desired results. You will be the go-to person for the project’s planning and timeline. You will be reporting directly to the Project Lead.
EU Project Manager Trainee Duties:
Specific project manager responsibilities include developing detailed project plans, ensuring resource allocation, leading strategic and operational meetings and calls, enabling optimal involvement of all stakeholders, overviewing each project operation and optimizing added value.
EU Project Manager Trainee Requirements:
The EU Project Manager Trainee should have a background in business, management, public administration or a related field and outstanding skills in management, communication and administration. You should be an excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks. Being a team player and having a problem-solving attitude are essential.
- Drafting project management strategies, priorities, roadmaps and working plans
- Owning, defining & executing commercial strategy in collaboration with the management team
- Customer Growth - working with the marketing and operation teams to identify customer growth, cross-sell and up-sell opportunities with Avempace’s most strategic customers
- Strategic Input - being a key contributor to the overall strategy of the company
- Enhancing the visibility of EU funded projects through social media, webinars and various networking events
- Engaging in new EU projects (identifying, implementing, evaluating and reporting)
- Expanding our partner network with a special focus on international organisations
Skills and requirements:
- Proactive and passionate, eager to learn every single day
- A positive team player
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Consultative approach, testing and contributing ideas towards process improvement
- Forward thinking, ability to spot future challenges and potential pitfalls
- Candidates must have a proficiency in spoken and written French
- Opportunity to grow and build a great team from the ground up
- Based in Brussels. Enjoy working in the home of the European Union
- Freedom and support: no micromanagement and office politics
- Erasmus+ scholarship and a performance based remuneration package from Avempace
- Recommendation letter and certificate of completing the traineeship
- Excellent networking opportunities with our foreign partners and in the European institutions
Interested candidates should send a CV to [email protected]
Please note that we have an open position starting in October and another one starting in January 2022.
More about Avempace: