The Assistant Strategy Implementation Manager (ASIM) will support the Principal Strategy Implementation Manager (PRISIM) with the delivery of the LHSBR strategy; providing the link between RSSB and the industry group/key industry stakeholders to develop the LHSBR Delivery Roadmap and resourced workplan. The ASIM will support the PRISM in the delivery of RSSB's planned technical outputs, manage meeting and reporting activities for their risk area and support the industry to embed workplan outputs and realise the benefits to reduce risk.
You will establish effective working methods with industry partners, building collaboration overcoming barriers to help mitigate risks in health and safety and realisation of the LHSBR strategy.
You will meet or exceed member and stakeholder expectations, supporting the delivery of the relevant risk groups' objectives and help promote the adoption of RSSB products and services to the benefit of their business. You will be working with industry members to assist with the implementation and embedding of LHSBR outputs, monitoring and providing feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of our Products and Services and the embedding and communication of these.
- Assist the PRISM with the build of smart working objectives and work plans for the risk group.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate internal and external stakeholder groups required to support and govern the various work programmes, in close liaison with the PRISIM. Where appropriate, provide technical support to deliver work plan projects.
- Assist with the implementation and embedding of LHSBR outputs in organisations, monitoring and providing feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of our Products and Services and the embedding and communication of these.
- Working with the Business Management Office and Projects Directorate to plan, track and monitor the delivery of objectives and work plans to deadline, budget and quality and provide reporting information to the business, risk Group and LHSBR governance groups.
- Provide progress reports for the Leading Health and Safety on Britain's Railways' (LHSBR) published quarterly report.
- Administer the delivery of all quality and assurance procedures as stated in the Quality Management System.
- Implement preventive measures to mitigate any fall in service delivery to their risk group.
Engagement and Stakeholder Management
- Manage all aspects of the Risk Group meeting process including the onboarding of new members.
- Establish excellent working relations with the Chair and be the first point of contact for the risk theme and group members.
- Establish stakeholder mapping to support the PRISM and Risk Group Chair to build a network of stakeholders with the express aim of supporting the delivery of the Strategy
- Working with the Marketing, engagement and LHSBR editor to build, manage and implement stakeholder engagement and communication plans supported by a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Manage the communication plans and the delivery of internal and external / web based and other media communications to increase the profile of the groups' outputs.
- Update and manage the CRM database for all correspondence, engagement and membership lists for designated groups.
What we are looking for
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Understanding of health and safety issues within rail with the ability to mitigate these.
- Able to build working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Solution orientated with effective problem-solving skills and proactive approach.
- Effective planner focus on detail, processes and quality reviews.
- Effective customer service and engagement skills.
- Experience of working effectively with a range of senior external and internal stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to adapt the style to suit the audience
- Effective organisational skills adopting a structured and methodical approach to tasks
- Ability to manage own workload to meet deadlines
- Experienced in using MS Office Suite Excel, Word and Visio
- A real interest in supporting the industry in developing and maturing its health and safety management practices.
- A commitment to RSSB's values and customer service
Relevant degree (for example in psychology, human factors, occupational health and safety, system safety engineering and engineering) or equivalent experience in a field relevant to the risk area.