McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food and service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are passionate about modernising our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's. The UK & Ireland market has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 136,000 employees.
We are moving fast and are adding to our outstanding team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as an opportunity to have an impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Company Vision and Culture...
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald's and in the UK and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Ireland's best-loved restaurant company.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better together
Are you hardworking and ambitious? We are looking to add to our dynamic team and this is a phenomenal opportunity to work on one of the most valuable and iconic brands in the world. You will play a key role in supporting our construction team in the procurement and delivery of new build, refurbishment and major maintenance projects across the UK and Ireland estate.
You will be instrumental in helping deliver our priorities ofthe project management of construction schemes from conception through to completion and support in delivering the company expansion being driven by a number of new restaurants opening across South East and East of England.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Support the project management team with the delivery of capital investment projects and new build restaurants
- Inspect and evaluate potential development sites, capture and assess information on factors likely to affect development and reinvestment
- Assist the project management team with the coordination and supervision with all aspects of the detailed design
- Assist with monitoring and communicating project programmes to ensure delivery
- Support the project manager with project procurement and ordering
- Assist the project management team to obtain financial approval on project expenditure
- Supervise and report any variance to project expenditure
- Assist the project management team with the supervision of construction projects
- Assist with supervising contractor performance
- Supervise and assist with the completion of project appointments and documentation
- Support project managers in undertaking site inspections, site meetings and defect identification inspections
- Support the engagement of Principle Designers to ensure compliance of CDM regulations
- Assist with ensuring compliance of McDonald's standards, policies and specifications
What Team will I be a part?
You will be a part of the Construction Department is responsible for the development of new restaurants and the refurbishment of existing leasehold and freehold properties on both company owned and franchised restaurants. The property portfolio consists of both modular and traditionally constructed drive through and high street restaurants. The department is seeking to construct and open 200 New restaurants within the next 3 years, whilst continuing to refurbish its existing property estate.
Who are my customers?
- You will build relationships with developers on behalf of McDonald's to negotiate specifications and scopes of work
- This requires coordinated partnership and collaboration, working closely with the UK and Ireland McDonald's consultant teams, ensuring compliance for all statutory undertakings planning and building control approvals
- Coordinate design teams and retain communication with Quantity Surveyors to agree project costs and report accordingly
- Maintain communication with partners throughout the project process and liaise with both external and internal public bodies to obtain appropriate consents
What background do I need to have?
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy; self-starter
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal and excellent presentation skills
- Computer Literate- Sophisticated Excel & PowerPoint. Project Management software experience is desirable
- Comfort and experience working in a fast paced and changing working environment
- Experience and an ability to think outside of the box to tackle problems
- Facilitate others adapt in complicated circumstances or during periods of change
- Work with energy and passion and encourage the same in others
- Excellent interpersonal skills, curious mind set, confident, independent and logical problem solver
- Capable of analysing and interpreting information and data
- Building surveying or construction management qualifications and seeking to gain a professional qualification (CIOB/RICS)
- A full clean driving license would be required for the post, as travel throughout the UK would be required
At McDonald's we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do and they make the McDonald's experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers.
We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers give us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald's or elsewhere."