LAZARD, independent world leader in Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory (M&A), works on every kind of transactions for prestigious clients in France and all over the world.
The Bank offers a complete range of advices including among others:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Asset disposals
- Strategic partnerships
- General financial advisory
Job description :
We are looking for an analyst with previous experience in Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), for our EMEA team specialized in Telecom, Media & Entertainment.
The Telecom, Media & Entertainment team benefits from an unparalleled track-record in its industry and works on M&A deals across the whole EMEA region, based in Paris.
You will join a team of c.10 bankers having worked together on more than 60 transactions over the last 3 years including landmark deals such as:
- The sale of SFR fibre network in France (€3.6bn EV)
- The sale of Iliad’s tower assets in France and Italy to Cellnex (€2.6bn EV)
- The spin-off of Altice USA ($40bn EV)
- The acquisition of Irish incumbent Eir by Xavier Niel’s holding ($4.1bn EV)
- The sale of a minority stake in Altice Europe’s Portuguese unit MEO to Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (€4.6bn EV)
- Advised TIM in the creation of FiberCop, the leading passive fiber wholesaler in Italy (€7.7bn EV)
- Advised Altice Europe on its take-private by Next Alt, a holding company controlled by Mr. Patrick Drahi (€38.2bn EV)
- Advised Iliad on the acquisition of Play in Poland and the concomitant sale of Play tower assets to Cellnex
- Advised Telefonica on its Joint Venture agreement with Allianz to create the FiberCo, Unsere Grüne Glasfaser (“UGG”), a rural-focused fiber wholesaler in Germany (€5.0bn EV)
- The sale of Altice’s French Towers (Hivory) to Cellnex ($5.2bn EV)
- The acquisition of Sykes, a US customer experience management services company, by Sitel ($2.2bn)
The team ranks first in terms of volume of transactions in its industry and is led by telecom rain-maker Vincent Le Stradic. It achieved a c.60% market share in European telecom infrastructure deals over €500m since 2018 and is widely recognized for its expertise in telecom and the quality of its M&A advisory.
- Strong academic background from a top class degree(s) in finance from a leading university/school;
- Indispensable experience in investment banking;
- Hard skills: strong analytical and numerical skills, strong investment banking skills;
- Soft skills: excellent communication and teamwork skills, autonomy, customer-focused;
- Fluent in English.
Contract type : Permanent
This position is available immediately and is based in Paris.