TI's FAST (Field Applications & Sales Training) Rotation Program is designed to prepare Sales & Applications team members for customer-oriented careers that pair technical skills with business perspectives. The program provides experiences that help rising TIers understand how to successfully grow TI's business and to thrive throughout their entire TI career. There are two available FAST program tracks: (1) Field Applications and (2) Technical Sales.
Technical Sales track
This 8-month experience aims to teach Technical Sales Associates (TSAs) how to build and manage customer relationships, and how to influence decisions to grow TI's revenue. The track includes three rotations*:
Rotation 1, Field Sales Office (FSO): This 3-month rotation integrates TSAs with a local TI sales team, offering first-hand experience of TI's sales process. TSAs partner with customers and internal teams to uncover and win every possible customer opportunity, and also leverage our one-of-a-kind virtual account system to learn how to find, define, and win opportunities in a mix of real-time and simulated environments.
Rotation 2, Product Marketing: This 3-month rotation focuses on the relationship between sales and a particular product line. This rotation helps TSAs understand product life cycles, roadmap development, marketing approaches, and ways to collaborate with product marketing to win at the customer.
Rotation 3, Sales Operations: This 2-month rotation provides first-hand experience working with the pricing and customer service teams. Focus areas for this rotation include pricing models, supply chain functions, price negotiation, and an overview of pricing guidelines, laws, procedures and tools.
Upon successful completion of this track in the FAST program, rotators are welcomed as Technical Sales Representatives (TSRs) on TI's Worldwide Sales & Applications team. TSR responsibilities include:
• Using technical expertise, various sales tools and relationships with engineering teams to identify projects
• Managing and quantifying leads, and managing the commercial aspects of customer relationships
• Developing, forecasting and monitoring an annual plan for revenue growth
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
• Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related field
• Minimum cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
• Ability to effectively balance strong technical skills with solid relationship-building capabilities
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong written, verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people across various functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results