Do you feel like applying your theoretical knowledge in practice and supporting the further development of oururban mining for existing buildings? Therefore, you can become part of our great team and write your thesis with us.
For establishing a real circular economy in an environment of buildings, it is necessary to identify material flows including their data. Another important component for existing buildings is the implementation of the urban mining principle.
The cradle-to-cradle principle for new buildings is meanwhile far developed. For existing buildings there is still a need to collect material data in a structured way and to link it with building platforms such as Madaster.com in order to enable and simplify urban mining.
Your bachelor thesis aims to structure material data from existing buildings. The result of the analysis will show which building material databases are available in Belgium.Furthermore, the generic and specific material levels should be identified.
The following subordinate questions will have to be answered:
- Which databases are currently used in the country for the building stock and what is their structure and basis for the calculations?
- Which types of buildings (e.g. office, living, industrial) and years of construction are covered by them?
- In which time periods and which types of buildings were potential pollutants installed (e.g. asbestos or PCBs )
- How can the data be transferred to a structure which is compatible with other databases? (You will receive the data structure at the beginning of the thesis)
- Degree in environmental science, civil engineering, architecture or in a comparable field of study
- Good knowledge in the MS-Office programs
- Business fluent XX, English and German are a plus
- Convinced team player with analytical and committed approach
- Personal initiative, assertiveness and high social competences
- The opportunity to gain insights into exciting projects and to participate in them in a positive, collegial working atmosphere
- A working environment that enthusiastically records and promotes innovative ideas and sustainable approaches
- Intensive support from a personal contact person and mentor
- The opportunity to build and expand your own professional network
- Individual further development measures through tailored student mentoring