Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world's leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What's your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
As a member of our team in Chicago, you will primarily ensure the high system availability of one of the world's largest international exchange organisation and innovative market infrastructure provider. You will join as part of multinational team located in Chicago and Frankfurt. As a "Linux Application Support Engineer" you will be responsible for administration and monitoring of mission-critical applications. As such your tasks will involve developing solutions and scripts for our proprietary systems.
The advertised position comes with a substantial benefits package including professional trainings and opportunity for international travel.
- Operation and monitoring of Deutsche Börse Groups trading, clearing and risk systems. A special focus is the operation for Nodal exchange located in Chicago.
- Daily end-of-day tasks including batch processing of our Linux driven trading systems
- Backup management of databases (Postgres, MySQL) & applications including tape storage (HPE)
- Active participation in the incident and problem management process using CRM (SAP) system.
- Scripting (Bash, Python) for customers report distribution and in-house monitoring applications.
- Troubleshoot trading systems production incidents with focus on escalation and resolution in timely manner.
- Take part in a shift-work rotation including some weekend work.
- Interface with Market Supervision, Technical Account management, application support teams and various management teams around the globe.
- Successful completion of training for operations procedures of Deutsche Börse' trading and clearing systems. This includes training at the headquarter in Germany (assuming travelling allowed after COVID-19).
- Familiarity with applications running on Linux server environments and with focus on automation of tasks
- Script (Bash and Python) development experience.
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraint.
- Excellent analytical skills in the areas of incident management and problem-solving.
- Interest in navigating a complex and demanding system landscape.
- Experience with IT monitoring concepts and customization for local requirements
- Self-motivated, curios with desire to continually learn and grow in production support function.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize production incidents.