TRACTION TEST ENGINEER (Charleroi, BELGIUM)
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Today, from Charleroi (BE), the company is active through two centers of excellence:
- Signalling Systems – Center of excellence ERTMS (European standard development and implementation)
- Power Electronics – Center of excellence Traction Systems (Traction solutions / auxiliary converters / low voltage cabinets)
JOB DESCRIPTION – Traction Test Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Lead the Certification and Validation activities for the Traction level during project execution.
- Commit and manage QCD for Certification and Validation.
- Certification and Validation QCD objectives achievement
- Traction Test Team performance and Safety results
Accountable for :
- Promoting continuous improvement initiatives in its team
- Implementing the standard process and related methodologies and tools in order to ensure Certification and Validation efficiency
- Realizing with the Traction Validation Skill Leader, the Traction Validation Plan and the Traction Validation Management Plan for the product and/or project at tender level.
- Test Execution and Test Report Ensuring the timely issue of the Validation proves (including proves of Parts Validation and Test Bench achievement) and consolidating Validation files
- Providing structured REX to feed costing activities, and to enrich the CV metier technical repository.
Responsible for :
- Reviewing part of the Parts Validation Plan relevant to test at Traction Test Bench level or Train level and accepting (to be included in Traction Validation Plan) or rejecting considering other possibilities
- Managing the Traction level validation activities, creating and maintaining the Validation Plan
- Managing the Certification and Validation (CV) project team
- Approving reviewing Traction Test Procedures / reports
- Managing the validation schedule, optimizing the validation sequence in relationship with the traction design and configuration maturity and test means availability
MAIN REQUIRED COMPETENCES
Master in Electrical or Electronical Engineering
Fluent in English and French (B2 mini)
“WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?”
You’re looking for a challenging but also meaningful job in a multicultural engineering company which sustain careers evolutions and allows international mobility?
At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself! As our next colleague, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of a safer global railway industry.
You recognize yourself in this short description?
Don’t hesitate to apply! (www.alstom.com/careers or < email deleted for security reasons >)
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.